Thursday, April 10, 2008

F.........riendship shawls


One of my recent projects has been making a dozen friendship shawls that I'm using as gifts for dear friends in the hope that they will come in handy for our very chilly evenings. They come from a pattern from friendshipshawl.org and cannot be sold. I have, however, varied the edgings on them as you can see from the close-up images. They're made from two skeins of Caron's Simply Soft yarn which can be machine washed and dried. Right now, I've been able to find enough different colors for everyone!


4 comments:

Reflections Magazine editor said...

Beautiful but very intricate work. Isn't it? Time consuming, too. You are amazing! :)

Gracie Bird said...

Beautiful work, saw your interview on DIY Treasure Trove- congrats!

Aimee Dars said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and admiring my baby Walter!

I love your work. The shawls are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These are really beautiful! I love the lacy pattern.