Wednesday, August 13, 2008

D.........ream Weaver

This is the first of a series dedicated to a group of my fantastic, and talented friends. The series will be posted in nine segments over the next couple of weeks and every one is worth waiting for.
My first friend is a weaver and so much more! She has been weaving for more than 30 years and I snapped a shot of her as she set up her loom to make a new scarf. The placemats and napkins are just one example of this art. But wait! She is also a fabulous seamstress. From the fabric she wove, she designed and made the beautiful vest and purse. But wait! She is also a quilter and used her quilting skills in combination with her weaving skills to make the holiday/winter table runner which matches a quilt. But wait! She used left over pieces of mink stoles she inherited from her mom and aunt to make this adorable (and soft) mink teddy bear. I wish I could include more of her work...taking these pictures really blew me away! Stay tuned for part 2!



No comments: