Sunday, April 5, 2015

Fitbit Foray (the good and the glitch)

Welcome back!

Even though I didn't meet my Fitbit goal of 10,000 steps yesterday, I'm pleased to have logged more than 8,000.  As DH reminded me,  "Progress, not perfection!"  The majority of those steps occurred on a morning walk around the neighborhood, but it's amazing to see how many steps can be accrued with everyday activities.  That's the good news.

The glitch happened quite early;  I find it difficult to put on the Fitbit!  The device I have is a Fitbit Flex which seems to require acrobatic maneuvers to align the holes before securing the clasp.  It is possible, however, and a friend to has used a Fitbit for over a year tells me that it will get easier.  This same friend frequently walks more than 20,000 steps a day.  Wow!  She does have an active dog that she walks several times a day, and that helps.

Speaking of friends, I'd love to find someone with a Fitbit to "friend", preferably a relatively new Fitbit user.  You don't have to be 72.  Let me know with a comment!

A new post will be coming soon!

No comments: