Thursday, January 26, 2012

Naming Teeth; More Winter Survival

I'm thinking of naming my teeth.  Now before you think I'm crazier than I really am, I didn't come up with the idea first.  It comes from a character in one of my favorite TV show, NCIS.  In an episode a while ago Abby had named her teeth.  What got me thinking of it again, was some considerable dental work that I'm dealing with right now.  And since I'm down to 31 teeth after Monday,  maybe it's time to identify with each one a little more.  Also winter gives me more time to think of such silly things.

So, it's time to think of names whether I go ahead with this system or not.  At first I thought of "honoring" friends and family, but that would mean selecting certain people and not selecting others and I don't want them to be "insulted"!  Then I contemplated naming them after places I love, but that is a little impersonal.  I'm leaning now to naming them after some of my favorite literary characters that can't come back to haunt me.  Obviously, I'd love to tell you that I'm writing this "tongue in cheek", but my cheek is still sore so I can't do that!

So if you have any ideas for me, feel free to let me know!


1 comment:

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Too funny...and, yes, a little odd. :^) But I don't watch NCIS, and maybe it would seem less odd if I did. At any rate, I place a vote for Dorothea Brooke (from Middlemarch) for a good, solid tooth, and Cordelia from Lear for another. :^)