Friday, July 4, 2008

C.........elebrating the Fourth of July


We not only are fortunate to live in such a wonderful country, but to have two groups of friends invite us to celebrate the birth of that country with them each year.
At the first we have a lovely visit and a spectacular supper, and at the second we watch the fireworks from the fourth story balcony and enjoy more treats!

Because I am not known for my culinary exploits, I am graciously invited to make up the tableware and thought I'd share the process with you. Here you'll see the beginning, the middle and the end of the procedure. This year I decided to ad a patriotically wrapped tootsie roll to the cutlery and napkins. Of course, that gave me a great opportunity to sample the tootsie rolls. (One must be sure they are safe to eat, you know!)

The small basket in the finished picture is filled with tootsie rolls. The hostess for the second party seems to enjoy my pine needle baskets, so I filled one for her and the other guests.

Happy 4th to all!

No comments: