Friday, August 6, 2010

Back To School

Back to school time was always special in our home, so it is easy to write this post for the Etsy Bloggers Team Carnival with that theme.

My mother taught school and she always made this time fun for me and my sister. Because I was a teacher as well, it was always an exciting time, and now my younger daughter is a third generation educator! To us, the year begins in late August or early September instead of January!

The most precious moment for me at this time of year was taking my older daughter to school for the first time. She was the only child in the class who did not cry, and I was the only mother that did!!

The alphabet note cards are available for sale in my Etsy shop, and would be a perfect set for any teacher!

3 comments:

Memories for Life said...

I think more parents than children cry...lol :)
Cute cards!

Anitra Cameron said...

Lol. I remember taking my eldest to her first day of kindergarten. I was worried she'd have a problem with my leaving, and I kind of lingered at the door, watching her. She looked up, and very matter-of-factly said, "'Bye, Mom." I was a bit crestfallen, but at least neither of us wept!

Beautiful cards!

Splendid Little Stars said...

great memories! How wonderful to have 3 generations of teachers in your family!